don't forget to empty the pooh basket

Friday, September 07, 2007

Thankful For 2 Years (and surviving the anniversary)

A trip on a Bolivian Flota (bus) gave us an anniversary to remember. We started out on August 12th and I will never forget seeing the digital clock on the bus turn 12:00 am. At that moment the first day of our third year of marriage began and we also ran out of pavement, entering a windy mountainous road that would have me nervously peering over a straight-down edge into oblivion for the next 8 or so hours. Luckily, we made the 16 hour trip in a record-breaking 14 hours. Even though it was a fast and furious initiation in to mountainous bus travel, that two hours made all the difference with no bathroom breaks. All in all the buses were tolerable, although I can't say the same for the music, or at least the volume of the music. We quite literally had to put a sock in it on the ride home. A great memory, and yet a relief that we're not doing that again any time soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL: I was scrolling in such a way that I read about the "sock in it" before seeing your photo, and in my mind I had quite the totally different picture - if only I could draw it! - where you both are trying to sleep with socks hanging out of your ears, Snoopy-style. Despite knowing the truth, I'll always have that original image in my head :0)

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home