don't forget to empty the pooh basket

Saturday, September 30, 2006

At U-HAUL

As I stood in line waiting to pick up our U-Haul truck, an employee and a manager were discussing a problem. The employee explained that a truck came in yesterday with 3/4 of a tank, and this morning it had 1/8 of a tank. Evidently people have been siphoning gas out of their trucks during the night. A woman in front of me was listening to their conversation and said this:

WOMAN: You'd better not give me a truck with bad gas mileage.

MANAGER: No Ma'am, we've been having a problem with people siphoning the gas. It came in with 3/4 tank and now it's down to 1/8.

WOMAN: Well I ain't paying for no gas hog.

She obviously doesn't drive a lot of U-Hauls. I was impressed with the manager's patience. For the record, Aileen and I got about 6 miles to the gallon with our truck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryon and Sam Scharenberg said...

you guys are fun. i sure like you.

8:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home