don't forget to empty the pooh basket

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Rare Perk of Moving

In preparation for our venture to Bolivia, Aileen and I find ourselves moving all our junk for the 4th time within the last year. Moving is a pain, and the more I do it the more embittered I become towards the whole experience. Frankly, I have a bad attitude. But this move had a rare moment of glorious rapture. We own a pair of dumpy love seats that were given to me during college. They weren't always dumpy, but after 4 years in a house with 8 college guys it had taken its licks. One of these sofas was in particularly bad shape, as the last time I sat in it she cracked right down the middle, leaving me seated in close proximity to the floor. And feeling a little fat. With the move and all, we decided it was time she be put down.

Here comes the glorious part: rather than navigating the cumbersome furnishing through 2 narrow doorways and down the stairs of our 4-plex, I convinced Aileen to let me open the sliding door and throw the thing over our 2nd story balcony and into the back yard. A short-cut. I know this may sound stupid, but I derive a great deal of pleasure from throwing things off of buildings. I've found that the amount of pleasure experienced is directly related to the distance of the fall multiplied by the mass of the object (Xjoy = Distance x Mass). In this case, the fall wasn't all that far, but a sofa is by far the biggest thing I've thrown out of a building. Aileen was the lookout (to make sure we didn't squash any unsuspecting neighbor kids) and I was the chucker. Needless to say, we had a good time. I'd post a picture, but I didn't take one... Sorry. I promise if anything else goes over the balcony it will be better documented.

3 Comments:

Blogger dsm4gsus said...

It's ok that you didn't take a picture, I can invision it in my head. Thanks for the laugh. Ha Ha

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

I threw a couch off a two story building once and then I tried to return it to the Salvation army where we bought it originally...they wouldn't take it.

8:43 PM

 
Blogger Matt said...

I threw a couch off a two story building one and then I tried to return it to the salvation army where I bought it originally...they wouldn't take it.

8:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home